An orientation retreat for incoming freshmen that dives deeper into what it means to live in the UCF/Orlando area for the next few years in regards to faith, and servicing the needs of the community.
Cost: $50 (scholarships available)
Registration Deadline: Friday, August 11th, 2017
- 6 Meals, (2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, & 2 dinners)
- Plan to stay (bring your own air mattress, sleeping bag, cot, etc)
- Tours of UCF, Orlando, and Wesley
- Transportation to Universal City Walk
What to Expect:
Community is something that we value a lot. UCF is rather large and without a strong sense of community, it becomes very easy to get lost while going to a school with over 63,000 students and a city that is constantly expanding. Wesley seeks to provide that community - a place to call home away from home - a place of unconditional acceptance.
During Prelude you will:
- Learn about Wesley at UCF
- Learn what it's like to live out your faith through your college years
- Meet the Wesley at UCF staff
- Meet the Freshmen Ministry (Freshley) leaders
- Most importantly, build community by getting to meet and know other incoming freshmen BEFORE the fall semester starts
Being right across the street, UCF is Wesley's main outreach. We love UCF and carry a lot of school pride. With so many students and varied interests, there are several opportunities to find activities that fit your personality. At Wesley we have students join us from all sorts of different aspects of life. Everyone has a story and contributes in a unique way.
During Prelude you will:
- Tour UCF and surrounding areas
- Be introduced to some of UCF's top local eats
- Learn some of UCF's student chants and cheers for football and basketball games
- Meet other students
- Learn about what Wesley does for and with UCF
- Learn about other needs in the UCF area
Unlike other schools, UCF is not directly built within the heart of a big city. As such, it's easy to ignore Orlando and focus only on UCF. But here at Wesley, we try to be not only responsible partners with UCF and other surrounding schools, but we strive to be responsible and loving citizens of our beloved home. Orlando, while being a great beautiful city, filled with great people, still has it's struggles and needs. Being a part of Wesley means doing what we can to better our home.
During Prelude, you will:
- Tour Orlando and surrounding areas
- Learn more about "City Beautiful"
- Learn more about some of Orlando's need and struggles
- Join together in a service project
- Enjoy a night at Universal City Walk